Date(s) - June 28
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
*Dear Actor: Please note that this class, as with all of our others, is specifically designed to educate and train, NOT to get you representation or guaranteed employment. If you are signing up for this workshop with the sole purpose of getting yourself in front of an agent or casting director, with the hopes of getting repped or an audition/job, please go elsewhere.
June 28th 10am-5pm, June 29th 10am-5pm, June 30th 1-4pm | Early Bird: $399 | Regular: $449
The AUDITION GAUNTLET is a three day intensive focused on challenging the actor in ways he/she hasn’t been challenged before. The first two days will be 7 hours of focused script work, dedicated to improving audition prep, script analysis, and character breakdown. On the third day, each actor will rotate between three rooms here at Catapult, executing their scenes back to back to back for a Top Agent, Top Casting Director, and Top LA Manager via Skype. Most actors prep their scene, go in the room, and audition once. Actors never execute their scenes three times in a row… Until now.
In this unique experience, we will cover…
• Memorization Techniques
• Conquering the “Cold Read”
• What do agents look for?
• What do Casting Directors look for?
• How to impress industry pros
• The Signature Slate
• Keys to “Owning the Room”
• How to truly “Let Go”
• Embrace your Authenticity
• Create a WINNING Mindset
• Craft a compelling character
Day 1 | Pre-Prep & Scene Prep
• Know the genre
• Know the director & their work
• Know the network
• Creating a compelling character
• What is your objective?
• Who are you? What do you want? Why do you want it?
Day 2 | Working The Script & The Taped Audition
• Practice, Practice, Practice
• Repetition, Repetition, Repetition
• Maximize your tape
• Learn proper eyeline
• Experiment with the 4th wall
Day 3 | Final Scene Prep & The Live Audition
• Execute your scenes privately in 3 MOCK AUDITIONS in front of industry pros and receive critical feedback
• Q & A with pros and Erik Lingvall
Erik Lingvall – Audition Gauntlet Instructor
|Winner of Backstage’s 2015 Readers’ Choice for Atlanta’s Favorite Acting Coach, Erik brings with him 15+ years of experience guiding & training talent. & has established himself… read more|